The Office Company (North) Ltd
Client Privacy Notice
What data we collect:
- Telephone number(s)
- Email address
How we use your personal data:
- To provide services to you
- To manage your tenancy during the term of your agreement
- To verify your identity
- For crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes
- With your agreement, to contact you electronically about services which we think may interest you
- To enable us to manager customer service interactions with you
- Where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute)
The Office Company (North) Ltd uses your personal data for electronic marketing purposes (with your consent) and may send you postal mail to update you on our services.
The Office Company (North) Ltd aims to update you about our services which are of interest and relevance to you as an individual
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time by:
Making use of the simple ‘unsubscribe’ link in emails
- Contacting us on 0191 495 6161
- Emailing our data protection officer Lesley Coates at email@example.com
We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our newsletter. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing our data protection officer Lesley Coates at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies are small pieces of information that are placed on your computer when you visit some websites. This information is then used by the website to tailor what information pops up on the screen as it knows you have visited the site before. To find out more about cookies, please visit www.bbc.co.uk/webwise/guides/about-cookies
We use the following types of cookie:
Google Analytics which allows us to anonymously track browsing patterns which in turn allows us to understand how people are using our website which enables us to improve it.
Session cookies enable our website to keep track of your movement throughout the various pages so that you don’t get asked to repeat the information that you have given already on out site. This allows you to navigate through the pages of our website quickly and easily. Session cookies expire upon termination of your browser session and are not stored on your computer.
Managing your cookie preferences
It is possible to turn off cookies in either the ‘help’ or ‘tools’ menu on your browser. This may affect the way the website operates and may also restrict your use of the website.
For more information on how to opt out of cookies you can visit: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/
Sharing data with third parties
Our service providers
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners. These include, solicitors, sales partners, letting agents and marketing service providers.
Other third parties
Aside from our service providers, The Office Company (North) Ltd will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as detailed below. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
We may share your data with:
- Our carefully selected service partners, if we have your consent to do so
- Governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so:-
- To comply with our legal obligations
- To exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases)
- For the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders
- For the protection of our employees and clients
How long do we keep your data
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 6 years.
Access to your personal information
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. Email your request to our data protection officer Lesley Coates at email@example.com